Conventional coding methods for software development have been around for a while now. A variety of coding languages have evolved over the years, but the development process continues to remain the same.
Low code no code (LCNC) platforms are paving the way for continuous advancement towards a new world of software development. These LCNC platforms reduce the coding involved in software development by replacing it with visual tools.
As there is a growing demand for new software and services, LCNC platforms proved they have a bright future ahead. They ensure faster development of applications and give an opportunity to beginners to be a part of the ever-growing IT industry.
What is Low Code?
A low code (LC) platform does all the heavy lifting throughout an application’s lifecycle. It showcases a visual approach to conventional coding and assists developers with useful visual tools and flexible drag-and-drop features.
LC platforms give developers varied coding techniques, improve data literacy, and offer an opportunity to tweak the visual features as per their will. This means a developer can opt to code in case they feel the visual element is not working as per their requirements.
Such platforms can help an enterprise create an application in a limited time period. Individual users can also create applications of their choice without spending a fortune on hiring a development team.
Even though coding is required in almost every LC platform, there are some platforms that totally eliminate the coding requirements.
What is No-Code?
A no-code (NC) development platform is usually aimed to provide innate values to upcoming developers. You will still need to know the basics of programming and data structures, but an NC platform eliminates the need to write code as a part of your development opportunity.
The no-code buzzword makes it very appealing to aspiring developers who don’t want to spend time learning coding languages. Even a novice coder who knows the basics can create a high-performing application using these efficient platforms.
The reality of no-code is somewhat different from its name, so it’s best to not take everything at face value. Having said so, you may still need to write code in some instances. Visual modeling tools more often than not require technical knowledge, and writing code is an unavoidable feat, especially if you want to customize your application.
Why Use Low Code No Code (LCNC) Platforms?
There are a lot of perks related to using low code no-code platforms. An enterprise can decide its best use case and then choose between low code and no-code platforms. If there is a need to build a complex application with a unique UI and its subsequent features, you should prefer using a low code platform as it provides greater flexibility to developers.
On the other hand, if you want to create an application that provides a pre-existing service while keeping app customization on the back burner, you can safely opt for the no-code platform. Nevertheless, choosing any of the two platforms will significantly boost your application’s development pace, as compared to one with full-fledged coding.
Since organizations need to make data-driven decisions, it is important for them to have access to applications that make such features easy and reliable.
LCNC platforms increase the productivity of different platforms; both platform types help beginners make meaningful contributions in the application development process. Individuals can use these platforms to create services without having prior knowledge of coding.
Pros of Using Low Code No Code Platforms
The use of LCNC platforms brings a plethora of benefits to the table.
- Higher Productivity. Time-saving is one of the top advantages of LCNC platforms as they reduce the amount of coding effort required in the development process. A process which takes months via a full-fledged coding platform can now be completed in days or even in hours using the right LCNC platforms.
- Improved Speeds. The drag-and-drop feature makes the development swift and brings agility to the fore. Users’ can garner significant progress in the development process, all within a short period.
- Easy to Implement Changes. Imagine you need to take a decision to change the existing features of a product. In most cases, a complete revamp of the code is necessary, which makes the process tedious for the development team. With LCNC platforms in tow, you can make plenty of changes by simply dragging and dropping items.
- Risk Management and Better Governance. It’s impossible to predict how swiftly trends can change in the global markets. This warrants a need for enterprises to completely revisit their development strategy and chalk out a roadmap from scratch. In such cases, a LCNC platform provides better risk management as enterprises can dare to make mammoth changes in their applications. Data accessibility tends to be an issue, which can be reduced by ushering in quicker application development.
- Better Customer Experience. Enterprises are equipped to provide a better customer experience with the new age working conventions, as compared with the traditional methods of application development. The conventional way of conducting a survey, addressing a problem, and then taking months to resolve the issue can make matters worse. LCNC platforms, combined with accurate time tracking, can help enterprises resolve user queries in a shorter span of time.
Cons of Using Low Code No Code Platforms
Amongst all the glittering features, there are a few downsides to using these platforms.
- Complete Cultural Shifts in Enterprises. The full-fledged coding method has been there for a while, and most infrastructure is built around this approach. The use of LCNC platforms continues to be an extensive change for enterprises, as it requires a massive shift in their respective industries.
- Mastering Platforms Takes Time. Not many people know about these platforms as these technologies are still new in the industry. Gaining expertise and getting well-versed with the platform’s features takes time. The higher the time taken, the lower is the productivity for launching an application.
- Hard to Find an All-in-One Platform. Currently, there is no single platform that claims to provide all functionalities required for various actions involved within application development. Complex projects require more than one platform for development, and there are compatibility issues while dealing with multiple platforms.
- Challenging to Find Community Support. The LCNC community is relatively smaller as compared to the vast community support available for traditional coding languages. This creates instances where you can encounter problems and find no online solution. This can be very counterintuitive to the very essence of these platforms of providing speed and better productivity.
The Evolution of Low Code No Code Tools
The concept of using high productivity platforms like Low Code No-Code is not new. Remember the times when Rapid Application Development (RAD) tools like Microsoft Access and Excel were a raging fad? These RADs were also developed to give development-like capabilities to non-IT professionals.
RADs required users to be well versed with the tool’s development environment. In contrast, LCNC platforms make development easy for a novice who would not mind earning the satisfaction of building an application using drag-and-drop features.
In contrast to RADs, the LCNC platforms provide greater functionality, they are much more powerful and easy to use as compared to their predecessors.
Top Low Code No Code Tools
There are a lot of recognizable Low Code and No-Code platforms in the industry.
Here are some names you would want to look out for:
PowerApps is backed by the tech giant Microsoft, and it continues to be one of the best Low-Code platforms in the industry. It lets you create mobile apps on all popular platforms like Android, Windows, and Apple.
PowerApps come with a friendly interface, as it provides easy-to-use drag-and-drop features. It is a great help in building end-to-end solutions by adding data-driven insights.
Visual LANSA uses a unique approach for implementing its Low-Code features. This platform combines the functionality of traditional coding IDE and the features of Low Code platforms.
This hybrid functionality decreases the learning curve for LANSA and conventional coders can also use it with little effort. LANSA is packed with features like flexible IDEs, versatile integrations, and a convenient repository.
You can also shift existing applications written in a different language making it very convenient for everyone in a team to work on their favorite language.
OutSystems uses visual and AI-powered tools to assist developers in the application-making process. OutSystems is capable of single-click deployment to enhance the efficiency of the development team.
OutSystems offers features like full-stack development, user-friendly drag-and-drop UI, single-click deployment, and in-app feedback.
Top No-Code platforms
Kloudio continues to be one of the top contenders within the No-Code platform category. With their power queries, and no-code products, enterprises are gaining a lot of benefits by using their products.
Kloudio, as a No-code platform, offers minimal to almost negligible coding interactions, which helps novice coders develop applications with relative ease and comfort.
Run pre-written SQL queries, automate existing reports, or just make do with pulling data from different repositories. All this can be done with Kloudio’s interactive user interface, which is aimed towards enhancing customer experience and expediting reporting techniques.
Google AutoML is an awesome No-Code tool for beginners. It helps you train your own machine models with minimal effort. This Google product comes with great features like natural language, translation, and video intelligence that are tailored to help beginners.
You can test your ML models made in all popular file extensions on Google AutoML, which saves you from the hassle of creating neural networks.
Obviously AI gives you predictions about a plethora of parameters by analyzing the previous data that an enterprise feeds into it. This No-Code platform is a cakewalk, especially from a usage perspective. You can predict future revenue flows and user demands with this AI-based platform.
Low Code vs No Code: Which will you choose?
Low code and No-code platforms might have just started out in the market, but they have a great future ahead of them. As more and more companies are beginning to employ non-technical people for application development and management, there is an imminent need to define the way forward for such endeavors.
LCNC platforms are a compelling choice for enterprises as they can significantly improve their efficiency and customer experience. With powerful platforms being developed regularly, there is a high chance for LCNC platforms to build on their existing capabilities and change the entire IT industry.
Create your free Kloudio account today to try our no-code platform.