G-Suite’s brand of cloud applications has grown considerably since its introduction to the market in 2006. What was once a consumer-oriented suite of productivity apps is today a fully-fledged business solution for firms and companies of all sizes. G-Suite has over 3 million paying businesses, many of which are large enterprise customers like Salesforce, Price Waterhouse Cooper (PWC), and Hewlett Packard.
G-Suite is lauded for its agility and speed but lacks in raw functionality in comparison to more traditional solutions like Office 365. Luckily, G-Suite supports a wide variety of third-party add-ons that can make it a more robust solution for your business.
Here we’ve listed some add-ons and integrated SaaS solutions designed with G-Suite in mind that we find invaluable.
If You’re in the Process of Migrating to G-Suite:
- G-Suite Deployment Guide by Google is the first place you should refer to if you’re in the process of migrating your firm to G-Suite. The guides are comprehensive and easy to follow, with separate documents for firms of different sizes, and for the different moving parts of an organization – including data transitions, networking, and user control.
- Hiver is a shared inbox built on the Gmail platform that adds quite a few functionalities that your team may need. Their G-Suite Migration Guide, although less comprehensive, describes the spine of the transition process in 13 quick and easy steps.
Tools & platforms
Google hosts its G-Suite Marketplace, where you’ll find plenty of tools and integrations that make G-Suite more robust and powerful while maintaining its agility and versatility.
- Okta is a giant in the cloud enterprise security space, which integrates with not only G-Suite but also many other popular SaaS platforms like Workday, Salesforce, and Zendesk. Okta aids G-Suite in Active Directory, SSO, user management, multi-factor authentication, and more.
- Duo Security is a big player who adds two-factor authentication and security robustness to G-Suite. According to their documentation, their “comprehensive security solution confirms the identity of users and the health of their devices before they connect to your applications. The duo makes security painless, so you can focus on what’s important.”
- BetterCloud has made great changes from a company fully dependent on Google Apps for their business model to a full-fledged cloud security vendor. JumpCloud is BetterCloud’s most direct competitor in the space. Aside from adding data centralization to G-Suite, they also offer data trails and monitoring services, usage control, and more.
- AlienVault offers security on the cloud and offline. As the “first truly open threat intelligence community that enables collaborative defense with actionable, community-powered threat intelligence”, they reduce human error in security through behavioral monitoring, vulnerability assessments and more.
- Virtru is the security partner recommended by Google for the G-Suite itself. As per Google’s description, “Virtru adds client-side email and file encryption, control, and data loss prevention (DLP) directly to G Suite.” The encryption will also allow you to revoke data access and to view emails’ read receipts.
Backup & document management
- Spanning Backup & Backupify comes in when a human error happens. They are direct competitors in the space, with lots of positive PR for Google coming through the press covering their rivalry. They both hit the marks on data integrity, backup, and recovery.
- Vaultize is a big name we want to drop here. They believe “you shouldn’t have to trade security for freedom. By combining an easy to use file sharing platform with patented encryption, digital rights management, and extensive auditing capabilities, Vaultize gives you total control of your critical information and the peace of mind that comes with an airtight security protocol.”
Customer relationship management
- For CRM, Prosperworks is recommended by Google themselves. As Google says, “ProsperWorks is a smart & easy-to-use customer relationship management (CRM) system built for G Suite.”
- Zoho is a worthy alternative nonetheless. Their comprehensive solution package will give you everything from sales to finance to marketing data management. Zoho can actually help you with some data analytics as well if you do so need.
Data analytics & visualization
- Our company Kloudio provides self-service reporting solutions for companies like eBay, Netflix, and Hootsuite right within Google Sheets. Connect any database to Google Sheets and instantly run ad-hoc reports. Change filters on a whim and utilize the data in pivot tables, charts. You only limit things by your G Sheet abilities! Automate these reports to run every 5 minutes and share these live reports as easily as you would share a Google doc.
- Lucidchart aids well in visualization after you have got the numbers crunched with us. Aside from the intuitive drawing interface, Lucidchart also allows you to collaborate closely & seamlessly with your teammates. In their own words, “Lucidchart is the web’s leading diagramming and visualization app. Install now to easily build flowcharts, ERDs, network diagrams, UML diagrams, and more.”
Productivity & project management
- Wrike will simplify your planning a lot while also give you streamlined integration with G-Suite. What’s more, Wrike also integrates with many other cloud services, including Salesforce, Evernote, Zapier, etc. That gives you access to your own projects at all times across the web.
- Zapier is a name you must have heard of. Zapier connects one cloud service to another and then automates an action between those two services. If it sounds generic to you, it’s because it is. With Zapier, you can do a lot of things, a whole host of them involving G-Suite services and functionalities. Automatically sync a Google Doc with a Google Sheet, automatically send out an email when a specific cell in Google Sheet is up to date. Can’t sell Zapier enough. The service can save startups hundreds of employee hours every month through automating manual tasks.
Start connecting and visualizing your data in a unified spreadsheet with Kloudio. Sign up for a 14-day risk-free trial today.